Okanagan Foster Parents Association provides education and support for Foster Parents of the Okanagan, Shuswap and Similkameen.
- Foster Parents are a key component of the Family Care Home system in British Columbia
- Foster Parents need a variety of support services and educational opportunities in order to meet the many needs of Children in Care.
- services for Foster Families need to be consumer-driven, community based, and honour cultural diversity
After Hours Emergency Line
Contact a Social Worker
Foster Parent Support Line
Professional support, Information and Consultation
Monday to Friday: 4 PM to 12:45 AM
Sat, Sun, & Holidays: 8 AM to 12:45 AM
Foster Parent Support Line Brochure (PDF)
Okanagan Foster Parents Association
- contracts with Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) to provide Support and Education to Foster Parents in the Okanagan, Shuswap, and Similkameen
- is managed by a Board with Fostering experience
- provides services through our Foster Parent Coordinators and Education Facilitators
- works in partnership with MCFD, the BC Federation of Foster Parent Associations (BCFFPA), and the Federation of Aboriginal Foster Parents (FAFP)
OFPA makes no absolute certification regarding the accuracy of information set out on this website. The information provided comes from many different sources. The information is accurate to the best of our knowledge, however, the OFPA does not accept and does not assume any liability in that regard.