Okanagan Foster Parents Association provides education and support for Foster Parents of the Okanagan, Shuswap and Similkameen.
Okanagan Foster Parents Association:
- contracts with Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) to provide Support and Education to Foster Parents in the Okanagan, Shuswap, and Similkameen
- is managed by a Board with Fostering experience
- provides services through our Foster Parent Coordinators and Education Facilitators
- works in partnership with MCFD, the BC Federation of Foster Parent Associations (BCFFPA), and the Federation of Aboriginal Foster Parents (FAFP)
- Foster Parents are a key component of the Family Care Home system in British Columbia
- Foster Parents need a variety of support services and educational opportunities in order to meet the many needs of Children in Care.
- services for Foster Families need to be consumer-driven, community based, and honour cultural diversity